Looking for a job? Are you registered with an online job search provider such as Seek, Indeed or Jora? There are currently plenty of local jobs being advertised that would be suitable for entry level employment. Also don’t forget to utilise the Job Search function on Facebook.
If you are looking for a traineeship or apprenticeship make sure you have registered with the local GTO’s such Mrael, Osmac, MiGas, Apprentices and Trainees Qld and Programmed.
Don’t forget there are also plenty of jobs on the Jobs Board outside of the Careers Office.
Some Tafe courses are now full. If you are still wishing to enrol make sure you contact the Careers Office as soon as possible.
Vocational Education and Training
Hungry Jacks has a number of job openings for local school students, with the potential to move into school-based traineeships.
Link to apply https://share.hsforms.com/1qdJsyKtKRNqxFCRezuu0sQ3n0nm
School Based Trainee Dental Assistant, Rockhampton
Looking to launch your career in the Dental Industry? Don’t miss this opportunity to get trained by Industry and get qualified!
Australian Academy of Dental Assisting works in partnership with Dental Practices across Queensland specialising in Dental Assisting Traineeships. All trainees will undertake a HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting and complete their traineeships within an accredited Dental Practice – get paid to be trained on the job!
School-based, Part-time and Full-time traineeship opportunities available | long-term employment and career security within the Dental Industry.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Neat and professional presentation
- Eager to learn
- Ability to follow directions
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work long hours on your feet (Dental Assistants stand up nearly ALL day!)
- Motivation and willingness to complete a Nationally Recognised Certificate III qualification
- Available to work Mon-Sat (shifts vary to cover opening hours 7am – 7pm)
To be considered for a school based position you must be currently enrolled in Year 10, 11 or 12 for 2020/2021. To be eligible for an apprenticeship or traineeship you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.
MEGT have advertised two apprenticeship positions at QMAG in Parkhurst.
The apprenticeships are Boilermaking and Fitting. Please see links below.
Year 12 Graduates
Certificate 3 Guarantee: This program supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications. For an overview of what the Certificate 3 Guarantee means for students, view the Certificate 3 Guarantee student fact sheet or visit: https://desbt.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/8145/c3g-factsheet-student.pdf
For more information phone the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training on 1800 210 210.
Are you a Year 12 graduate looking to develop your skills? Study for FREE Find out more: https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/training-careers/incentives/freetafe
For more information phone the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training on 1800 210 210.
TAFE Qld are offering equity access and scholarships. Click here for more information
- have customer service experience
- be a mature, flexible and energetic team player
- have full availability across all retail hours including weekdays, weekends and late nights
- must have fashion/fashion accessories or travel experience
Team Members, Dominos: Opportunities available at all locations
Crew Members, Hungry Jacks: Opportunities available at all locations
Forever New Christmas Casual
Team Member, Donut King, Rockhampton
Call in store with your resume
Team member – Zambrero, Rockhampton
Team Members – Woolworths Allenstown , Rockhampton
Woolworths Allenstown are looking for team members.
Drop your resume in to store.
Fulltime Employment Opportunities (Year 13)
Hairdressing Apprentice, Brush and Comb Hair and Beauty Salon, Rockhampton
Brush and Comb is looking to put on a first year apprentice.
Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and eager to learn. Immediate start.
Please contact the owner Melissa Lobegeier directly: 0403 249 378.
MAS/MRAEL New Positions
NEW apprenticeship vacancies in Rockhampton through MAS/MRAEL:
Cert III Business with a financial company-
iAssist have two positions for traineeships in either administration, IT or accounting. The positions would be full time and ideal for school leavers looking to get their foot in the door. Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentice Mobile Plant Mechanic, Flexihire, Mackay and Gladstone
School leavers and mature aged applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position please click on the “Apply” button or forward resume together with a covering letter to support your application.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Engineering – Technical Traineeship, Ashton Engineering, Rockhampton
- Apprentices and Trainees Queensland
Ashton Engineering, in partnership with Apprentices and Trainees Queensland is seeking applicants to undertake the following Traineeship in Rockhampton:
- Certificate III in Engineering – Technical
We are an equal opportunity employer. To apply please email your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Thursday 3 December 2020
Hardworking apprentice wanted for busy tiling company.
On behalf of our client located in Coorooman, an opportunity currently exists for an apprentice boilermaker.
On behalf of our client located in Rockhampton, an opportunity currently exists for a Fitter and Turner apprentice.
Apprenticeship – Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Mechanic, NJR Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Rockhampton
To apply for this apprenticeship, please email a copy of your resume along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receptionist, KHC Lawyers, Rockhampton
KCH Lawyers, a well respected legal firm has a vacancy for a receptionist to join their successful team. . Please submit your full Resume to email@example.com.
Childcare Assistant, Rockhampton Regional Council, Rockhampton
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual with a positive and friendly demeanour
- Ability to creating a friendly, secure and stimulating interactive learning environment
- A high level of care, health & safety standard throughout your work
- A passion for providing quality early childhood education and care.
- Strong understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard Child Care Assistant – Vacancy Details – Aurion (rrc.qld.gov.au)
Assistant Educator – C&K nGundanoo Imbabee Community Childcare Centre, Rockhampton
Apprentice Hairdresser, Stefan, All locations
We are currently hiring for our 2021 intake of hairdressing apprentices! If you have always wanted an exciting career in hair, we would love to meet you! Some fun facts about Stefan Apprenticeships:
- You hairdressing apprenticeship will take approximately 3 years
- You will be employed with Stefan Full Time and attend our Stefan Academy 1 day per week for training.
- You will be working in salon 4 days per week
- You will progress every 9 months to the next level
- You will learn EVERYTHING you could possibly wish to know about hair from styling, style cutting, colouring, lightening, hair extensions, chemical straightening, perming
- You learn from industry leaders!
- Our 2021 intake will qualify with a Cert 3 in Hairdressing AND a Cert 3 in Barbering Hairdressing an exciting, creative, high energy career!
Junior, Wurth’s Motorcycles, Rockhampton
Calling applications from Yr 11/12 school leavers, university graduates/non-completing sub-graduates or other 16 to 65 year olds seeking full time career in Mechanics and Diagnostics, Spare-parts Interpreting or Sales, within the Motorcycle Industry.
Work Commencement date subject to applicants availability.
Please PM Wurths Facebook site prior to forwarding resumes.
Administration Trainee, HDE Engineering, Rockhampton
HDE Engineering Design Professionals is looking for an Administration Trainee to join our Rockhampton Office.
For more information on the Job or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HR Department, 0741535887
- Apprentice Locksmith, Mackay JOB ID 4230
- Business Administration Trainee (Medical, Moranbah JOB ID 4236
- Trainee Designer (Design and Mechanical Drafting), Mackay JOB ID 4234
NJR Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic Rockhampton
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Production Mining Traineeship, BHP, Blackwater
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) is offering a number of exciting opportunities for Mining Traineeships at our Blackwater Mine Site Operation, Central Queensland.
Indigenous Opportunities, Production Processing Traineeship, Blackwater Mine
Job closes 28 November 2020
- Undertake administrative duties including, but not limited to, filing, photocopying and data entry;
- Register, sort, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Undertake off-site errands including, but not limited to, banking, mail and collecting items;
- Assist with room hire bookings and workshops;
- Support site staff to maintain site to a professional level.
Receptionist, Therapy Works CQ, Rockhampton
Please address the application to the Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquires about the position should be directed o Mrs Adeina Shackleton (07) 4936 880.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
How to apply
- Click the ‘Apply’ button and include your resume and cover letter.
- Please note, applications will not be accepted via email and must be submitted via our online recruitment system.
Zancott Recruitment is currently seeking Trainees in Civil Construction for full -time roles, in Rockhampton.
Pumped Sport/Kindysport currently have employment opportunities available. Both jobs would suit someone who is looking for a gap year, to travel or to work while they study. If you’re wanting more information or interested in any of the positions below please email us on email@example.com or call 4921 3752.
Coal Apprentice Intake 2021, Aurizon
We are seeking expressions of interest from safety orientated, enthusiastic applicants who are interested in undertaking an Apprenticeship with Aurizon in either the Electrical or Mechanical field.
For more information on this position (reference 675554), please apply online at www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Position available for a traineeship in Cert III Business
If you are interested in applying forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Defence Force Recruiting
Below are the links to the priority full time roles for the year 12 cohort or year 11s looking to enter the workforce.